Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Southampton Bloggers October Meet Up


A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending the Southampton Bloggers October meet up  #sotonoctmeetup. I wasn't originally going due to all the places been taken up before I got a chance to email the organiser, but somehow managed to blag myself an invite the day before. Sadly the original organiser was unable to make it on the actually day, but the lovely Alice took over and the day went on without a hitch.

The event was held in Orange rooms, a bar and cocktail lounge tucked away in Bedford place. The venue itself was gorgeous with a quirky retro interior, I can't believe I've never been before. We had a little bar area to ourselves, where we all sat around chatting and sipping drinks while four companies;  LushEspaIn Situ Cosmetics and Meru Maya were set up around the room for us to go and see and have a chat with about their products. First on the agenda was of course food. I only had sweet potato fries, but I'd happily go back there just for them again. Afterwards, I had a consultation with Espa and after chatting about my skin routine was gifted a lovely little goody bag and of course I had to go over to the Lush set up and see their products again.

There was a also a raffle, with a range of prizes, none of which I won sadly, however we were given a fabulous goody bag at the end of the day, which was filled with some great products.

All of the products were cruelty free, however not all vegan and I'm still waiting from responses from a few of the companies to confirm. Therefore, I will be reviewing the products marked as vegan in the near future and any that aren't vegan will be donated to friends and family.

Unfortunately, I don't have many photos and the ones I do aren't brilliant. This is down to the fact that  I had to use my phone as my digital camera has completely given up on me now. Cry.

2 comments:

  1. You blagged your way to an invite by the lovely me! Hah, those fries look so nice! xx

    ReplyDelete