Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Vegan Life Magazine | Issue 2

The second issue of Vegan Life Magazine is just as impressive as the first, if not more so...


There's nothing better than a magazine to occupy you while on public transport, something which I've had the 'pleasure' of using a lot recently and the Vegan Life Magazine app is perfect. I don't need to carry round the magazine, instead I have it all on my phone, which is particularly handy when I'm also carrying a couple (or a lot) of shopping bags.



This issue, being the Nov/Dec issue was of course filled with festive articles about how to achieve a wonderful cruelty free Christmas and a few articles caught my attention straight away. Not surprisingly, two of those were recipes for gorgeous chocolatey cakes, well to be precise 'Chocolate Fondant Puddings' and ' Brownie Nut Butter Cups'. What I love about Vegan Life is that the recipes they feature are simple and uncomplicated, meaning I have no excuse not to give them a go. Not that I need an excuse to make chocolate desserts.

Naughty But Nice? was definitely an interesting read. I feel there is a stereotype that vegans live off a diet of lettuce, tofu and apples, which is of course no where near the truth. I think that it's this belief that can be responsible for putting people off the idea of veganism, which is a huge shame. Naughty But Nice? basically explains the deal with veganism and that yes you are still a vegan even if you treat yourself to an Oreo (or packet of) whenever you please. And let's face it, if vegans continue to promote these everyday items that happen to be vegan, it might just make people realise it's not as difficult as they may think to live without animal products. Trust me, vegans don't go without.

I really enjoyed reading this issue and am looking forward to reading Issue 3. The magazine is jam-packed with interesting articles and I thoroughly recommend it to other vegan and those interested in adopting a vegan lifestyle. 


Disclaimer: I was sent a digital copy of Vegan Life to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest.

4 comments:

  1. You can make me the Chocolate Fondant Pudding, cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brownie cups sounds amazeeeee!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete