Tuesday, 20 January 2015

elf Moisturising Lipstick | Pink Minx


I probably don't need another pink lipstick, but when has that ever stopped me?


Sorry about the posey photo
I received quite a bit of elf make-up for Xmas and this was one of the items included. The elf Moisturising Lipstick in Pink Minx. The packaging alone is something I'm quite a fan of, as it looks sophisticated and sleek in my lipstick holder and more expensive than just £3.95.

It's  'enriched with Shea and Vitamins A, C, & E' to hydrate and moisturise lips, something I'm needing at the moment with all this wind that's about. It definitely does make my lips feel hydrated, unlike some lipsticks which I find can be quite drying. The colour in the above photograph looks a little more 'barbie pink' than it does in person (blame the rubbish lighting in my bedroom). It's actually a bold pink, without being too in your face, which is perfect for me and would be great for either day or night wear.

The only negative I found is that it is not that long-lasting, although that is helped massively by a lip primer, so I'd recommend using one. I wasn't expecting this to last all day at such a low price, so I'm not surprised nor disappointed and I don't mind topping it up every now and again. 

Overall, I'm happy with the product, as I often am with elf make-up and I'll be branching out to a few more colours in the near future for sure.

Have you tried this lipstick? What did you think? Any colours you would recommend?


5 comments:

  1. Elf make-up is great! I've never tried their lipsticks, I'll give this a go :) xx

    The Persephone Complex / House Of Fraser Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a few from their essentials range as well, which I definitely recommend :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've used a couple of ELF's lipsticks, I found that they dry my lips out. They're just not for me, I don't think. But you suit that colour so much and omg, I'm in love with your brows! Xx

    http://amyslittleweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hands down, the best comment I've had on my blog. Nothing like being complimented on my eyebrows :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried elf before but this looks like a lovely shade!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete