Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Southampton Bloggers Lunch

Photo credit to: Brogan
On Saturday I was invited to lunch at Turtle Bay with these gorgeous girls.



I'd never been to Turtle Bay before, but have walked past many times and commented on how nice the food smells. If you haven't heard of Turtle Bay, it's a Caribbean inspired restaurant, with a great menu of cocktails and lovely chilled out atmosphere.

Upon arrival I went straight for the cocktail menu and ordered a Raspberry Reggae, which was delicious and I could have easily drunk a few more.

Once everyone had arrived we were gifted with a cute goody bags with a few products from The Body Shop and a couple of sweet treats.

As a vegan, the menu is somewhat limited, but there were a few things to choose from. I went for the Chickpea and Rice curry, with a side of sweet potato fries, because to be honest, I just can't resist them. I was thoroughly impressed with the food and I'm definitely going back there soon. Very often I end up with a plate of chips and salad when out for a meal in a restaurant, so to find a meal that was a bit different and that tasted really nice was quite something and I think that's partly why I was so impressed.

It was such a nice afternoon with the girls, chatting about blogging, vlogging and general chit chat, including our favourite TV series.. I love that blogging has given me the opportunity to meet so many lovely people and I can't wait for the next meet up!



6 comments:

  1. I would love to go to a bloggers meet up! We don't have anything like that around here.
    The food looks pretty good!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun, you should try and organise one for bloggers in your area :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! I've always been tempted by a blogger meet but have never managed it to get to one yet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get to one when you can, I've been to a few now and they've always been lovely :) x

      Delete
  3. I really like your blog and thought I'd include it in my top 5 vegan blogs :)

    Here the link https://evetheveganstudent.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/top-of-the-vegan-blogs/

    Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete