Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Vegan Life Magazine | March/April '15


Try not to drool over the image of that burger, easier said than done, I know.


I have to admit, I am possibly the laziest cook ever. Beans on toast and cereal feature a lot in diet and as much as I would love to try out new recipes, I rarely bother. I have a handful of meals that I cook over and over again, usually ones consisting of food I can throw in the oven or that can be whipped up in a saucepan in 10 minutes. So far so normal, for a student aye?

Saying that, I think that as I'm vegan, I do experiment a little more than the stereotypical student. I definitely don't live off pot noodles and takeaway pizza. Changing my diet a couple of years ago meant I had to find alternatives to the food I'd been eating for the last 18 years of my life.

Money is of course a big factor in terms of what I eat, if I don't already have an ingredient in my cupboard or if it can't be purchased from Sainsbury's up the road for couple of quid, I won't be buying it, therefore I won't be making any new meals and I'll be sticking to the basics.

Well, thanks to Vegan Life Magazine, I don't have an excuse anymore for eating beans on toast five  times a week. One thing I love about the magazine is that the recipes they feature are always so affordable and seemingly easy to make as well. I don't know about you, but the burger on the front cover of their latest issue certainly caught my eye and it looks like something you'd get in a fancy restaurant. It is in fact an 8 ingredient recipe (all of which I should be able to get from Sainburys!), that would take about 30 minutes maximum to create. When, not if, I get round to making this, I'll post about it and let you know how I get on.

Also, those Kale crisps would make a great alternative to the biscuits I usually snack on, much healthier.

Disclaimer: I was sent a digital copy of Vegan Life to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment