Saturday, 9 May 2015

Tesco Free From Original Style Spread Review


Nothing wrong with a little bit of cheese, aye?

Before I removed dairy from my diet, I was a big fan of cheese. Being vegetarian, my meals often included it, but once I decided to ditch dairy, cheese wasn't something I really missed. In the year and a half I've been vegan, I've bought vegan cheese four times maybe? And even then, they were usually just impulse buys, cheese isn't something I see as necessary in my diet. 

I knew that Tesco had a pretty sizeable free from range, which is great, I love that Supermarkets are noticing the demand there is. I was doing a food shop before coming back to Southampton last month and decided to get something up that I hadn't tried before, so I went for Tesco Free From Original Style Spread. 

I tried this spread on toast with chickpeas. Is that an odd combination? and on jacket potatoes with beans. In both meals it worked brilliantly. The taste wasn't overpowering, but added a pleasant extra taste to each meal. In the past when eating cheese, I felt a bit guilty due to the calories and fat content of it, but in the case of this spread, a lot wasn't necessary for the taste to come through. So, along with it being guilt free, it lasted quite a while.

I wish there was a big Tesco near my uni house, alas there is not and I won't be doing anymore online shops while I'm here, so I'll have to wait till I'm back in Birmingham to pick this up again and to try a few more items from the range. 




2 comments:

  1. Ooo I've been wanting to go vegan for a while now and the only thing stopping me is that I love cheese , will definitely have to give this a try and then maybe I can get thinking about going vegan for real!

    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many vegan cheese's available now, Holland and Barrett stock a few different brands and check out independent health food stores as well :) Good luck in your journey to veganism! xx

      Delete