Saturday, 2 May 2015

Turning 21 | Birthday Round Up


It's not everyday you turn 21, but I was lucky enough to have four days of celebration for my 21st.



Due to the date on which Easter fell and the break from uni, for the first time I wasn't at home for my birthday. I was pretty gutted that I wouldn't be able to spend my 21st with my family, however I was able to still celebrate with them, just a week early. I had a party at my house with all my family and friends and my sister and brothers girlfriend were lovely enough to make a birthday cake. I absolutely loved the style of decorate these used and it tasted amazing. Sadly I only got to have 1 slice as I had to travel back to Southampton the day after the party.



On the day of my actual birthday, I woke up, had breakfast in bed and opened up the cards and presents I'd received at my party, as well as presents from my sister and my OH. Sadly the weather wasn't great on the actual day of my birthday, so  lunch in the park didn't go quite as planned, but we did do a bit of food shopping for dinner later on. I'll admit the above photo doesn't make the curry look all that great, but trust me, it was. After making dinner, (which took longer than expected), it was a bit too late to go out as had been planned and plus, Game of Thrones was on, so instead we sat and watched that and had a few drinks in the house.

The next day however the weather was a bit nicer. so I went out to spend a little bit of my birthday money. After shopping, a trip to Turtle Bay for dinner was in order, as well as cocktails at Orange Rooms. Both the meal and drinks was brilliant, I thoroughly recommend a trip to both.


Due to deadlines and me being busy on my actual birthday, my housemates and I decided to wait until Wednesday to do something for my birthday. The weather wasn't being good and a 30 minute walk to the restaurant with a high chance of being rained on was enough to make use decide to stay in and order a takeaway. Safe to say we ate way too much. The girls got me cards and presents and made me a cake and somehow despite too much dinner, we managed to find room for a slice each. It was totally worth feeling a bit sick for. 

I was thoroughly spoilt in terms of cards and presents, as well as with peoples time and effort. I can't express in words just how grateful I am to have those in my life that I do and I just want to say a huge thank you to them all. 

I'll probably do a little 'what I got for my birthday' post in the next week or so, so if you're interested, keep your eye out for that blog post.



2 comments:

  1. Happy be-lated! :) Sounds like an absolute wonderful birthday!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete