Monday, 31 August 2015

Where have I been?


This is my first blog post since June 25th, so I thought I'd write a little about what I've been up to lately and why I've not been blogging.

I finished University just over three months ago and have since moved back to Birmingham. I loved the course I studied, (writing fashion and culture) it was broad, meaning I got to experience and learn a range of skills, however it also left me a bit unsure of what it is that I want to do career-wise.

Because of that, since I've been back in Birmingham, I've been job hunting and after three months I've finally got one. However, three months of job hunting and very little luck left me feeling quite down and resulted in me losing motivation in regards to blogging. I suppose it seems a bit silly really, those three months not working would have been the perfect time to focus on blogging, but I just couldn't. I felt awful, I was a University graduate with no idea what I wanted to do and unable to get a basic part-time job.

Well, as I said I do now have a job and although it's not something that I will want to do until I retire, I think it will be good for me. I'll be earning some money and be busy and I'm much happier when I'm busy. I'll have more of a routine and structure to my day, fitting family, friends and blogging around work.

While I am quite nervous about this job, I'm also quite excited as well and I'm hoping to be blogging regularly from now on, as I have really missed it and I'm quite excited to get back into it.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I know how hard and stressful it can be looking for work! After I graduated I went months without work and now im at a job that has absolutely nothing to do with the course I took! haha Nice to see you posting again! :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete