Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Cherry Reds, Birmingham Review

Cherry Reds has been on my list of restaurants I want/need to visit, so a few weeks ago my SO and I visited for lunch. Located on John Bright Street, just a short walk from the city centre and Birmingham New Street Station, it's easy to get to, but set away from the main road enough that it has a quiet and relaxed vibe.

Straight away I liked it in there, it has an eclectic vibe with seventies style wall paper, cute tea cups and vintage sideboards. I immediately started taking inspiration from it for how I'd like to my decorate and accessorise my future house. It's never too early to start planning.

The menu caters for Omnivores, Vegetarians and Vegans, so it's a great place to visit with friends/ family if your dietary preferences differ. After a quick look, both my SO and I were ready to order. Thanks to the keen eye of my SO who noticed they did dairy free milkshakes, I ended up with one and he got a Deluxe Milkshake which comes topped with cream (not vegan). We both went for the Falafel burger with fresh tomato and coriander salsa, which comes with a salad and sweet potato wedges - and I had avocado added to my burger for an extra £1. As you can see from the photo of the meal, the portion sizes are enough to challenge you and keep you full for hours. The sweet potato wedges were probably the best I'd ever had in a restaurant, sorry to my previous favourites from Turtle Bay. Sadly, the Avocado extra was a bit of a let down, being just a few small slices and lacking in flavour, I think it was overripe and my burger did fall in apart a little bit, but hey ho, it's the taste that matters. Other than those two little niggles, I have no complaints about them meal.

On the way out the desserts caught our eye and as it isn't often I'm able to pick up vegan desserts, I couldn't resist, especially when it's a big slice of chocolate cake and my SO went for the Lemon Curd Sponge Cake (not vegan). We enjoyed them a few hours after at home with a cup of tea and they went down an absolute treat. As the slices were so generous in size, we couldn't finish them in one go, which meant more cake later on that evening, which is never a bad thing.

If you're ever about in Birmingham and looking for a good place to eat, I'd definitely recommend Cherry Reds. It has great food and great drinks all for an affordable price.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I work in Birmingham and spent most of my time in the city center...but I never get to eat in new places. I may have to try this place out, it looks soooo cute and the food looks good too!!

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, great food at a good price :) x

      Delete