Friday, 4 September 2015

Food Friday #1



One of the questions I'm sure many vegans have heard on more than one occasion is 'but what do vegans eat? So, I thought I'd so a weekly blog post on just that, what vegans eat. Each week I'll choose one breakfast, lunch and dinner that I've had throughout the last 7 days to answer the previously mentioned question and to give others inspiration for meals to create.

For breakfast I pretty much always go for overnight oats and start with a base of porridge oats, cinnamon, mixed seeds and then mix up what topping I have. For this breakfast I had chopped banana and raisins. Delicious and filling.

I've always been a fan of sandwiches, but gone are the days when I'd have a cheese sandwich on white bread. Wholemeal bread, spinach, cucumber, smashed chickpeas, spring onion and nutritional yeast is a quick and easy sandwich to make, guilt free and very tasty. I added a bit of Ketchup and Mustard after this photo was taken as well.


Since going Vegan, I've started to cook a lot more and no longer do I use ready made pasta sauces. I love this tomato pasta sauce recipe that my significant other taught me to make. It's a tomato and Herb sauce and goes great with wholemeal pasta, broccoli and courgette, topped with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment