Friday, 25 September 2015

Food Friday #4


This weeks Food Friday consists of some of my simple meal ideas. Simple, but delicious and lets be honest, how great does that pasta look?


Not exactly a surprise, but I had oats for breakfast again. I mixed them with Flaxseed and soya milk, then left them in the fridge for a few hours. Topping them with basically whatever I could find in the cupboards that was suitable, as we have no fresh fruit at the moment. I ended up with mixed seeds, dessicated coconut, almonds and raisins. It may not be the best looking breakfast, but it tasted pretty damn good.



A bit of a rushed/lazy lunch this week was Linda Mccartney's Rosemary and Onion Sausages with Lettuce, Ketchup and Mustard on Wholemeal bread. Although it may  not seem like the healthiest lunch to have, the 2 sausages have only 134 calories and 3.2g of fat, so it could be a lot worse.

I used to live off Pasta and Chickpeas, but recently I've barely being eating either. Well after a look in the cupboard and the discovery of 5 or 6 tins on Chickpeas, I thought it was best I used some up. I made a simple pasta salad of wholemeal pasta, chickpeas, rocket, spring onion and cucumber, sprinkled with black pepper and nutritional yeast.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

3 comments:

  1. All your food looks delicious! I love the sound of the pasta, I never think to add chickpeas but I might try it next time!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have chickpeas with everything, haha x

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to get some nutritional yeast, I see it in so many recipies but I'm yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete