Monday, 14 September 2015

Lippy Girl Vegan Lipstick | Snog Me


Leaving the house without lipstick is something I don't do very often, so I have to make sure I have a good stock. This one from Lippy Girl is the latest addition to my collection


Lippy Girl is a brand I've only just become aware of, which is a shame, as I'd have a lot more of their make up otherwise. There is nothing better than discovering a Vegan make up brand and I love what they stand for, this is just a little bit of their about me section 'Not just another make-up company, but a make-up movement, proving that chemicals, animal additives and testing are completely unnecessary for top quality makeup.'

I got this liptick through Botanical Brands, a distributor for Organic and Natural products. On their website they have a section dedicated to the Vegan products they sell, which is always a huge plus.

'Snog Me' is a red colour with orange undertones, meaning it's great for those days when bright red is just a little too daring, but you still want a pop of colour. It's so wearable and it lasts a good amount of time on your lips. After having this lipstick for a few weeks, sadly it did snap, but luckily it's still completely usable. On Lippy Girls and Bontanical Brands websites they do warn you of such things:

'Vegocentric lipsticks are simply the best vegan lipsticks available with no bees products or polybutene/petroleum.  We recommend you only raise the bullet in the tube minimally when applying, as they are very soft and creamy.'

I didn't raise the bullet too much, but it somehow ended up upside down in my lipstick holder and on a warm day I imagine it melted a little and that's what caused the break. So basically, if you buy any of the lipsticks, look after them.

I really love this lipstick and I'm already eyeing up other colours, as you can see on my latest wishlist. At £12.50, it is a little bit more than I would usually spend on lipsticks, but that's because I tend to go for cheaper make-up usually, as money is a bit tight. However, I'll definitely be invested in a few more shades over the next few months.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  



Disclaimer: I was sent this product to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment