Monday, 12 October 2015

Handmade Burger Company | Bullring Birmingham




So...I went out for lunch/dinner again and this time it was a bit of a gamble.



As I said, lunch was a bit of a gamble and I'll tell you why. Last time I had a meal at HBC, it was a huge let down. We waited far too long for two burgers and a bowl of chips, there was no cutlery on the table, my burger wasn't anything special and my SO's was burnt to a crisp. Disappointing to say the least. Saying that, everyone deserves a second chance (within reason) so with rumbling stomachs and a Handmade Burger Company in sight, we decided to give it another go.

As you can see, the Veggie options on them menu are quite impressive, there is a nice selection to choose from, with four of the seven being vegan. I went for the Chickpea & Quinoa burger with Avocado, while my SO went for the Falafel burger (not vegan) with JalapeƱos, we also had seasoned Chips and Gherkin sides.

I have to say, we were both much more impressed with our food this time. The chips were the star of the show for me and I'll definitely be attempting to recreate them at home sometime in the near future. I know Gherkins aren't for everyone, but I think they make a burger, providing an extra bit of crunch and another pop of flavour, so I added a couple to mine. Now, for the burger itself. Being completely honest, I wasn't blown away by it, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. The Avocado and Gherkin helped with the overall flavour of the burger for me and it's definitely something I'd have again. My SO really enjoyed the Falafel burger, so I think it's safe to say Handmade Burger Company is somewhere we'll visit in future.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

2 comments: