Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Las Iguanas | Birmingham


My SO and I are all about going out for dinner and we tend to do so about once a fortnight. We've frequented a certain few restaurants quite a few times recently, so decided to try somewhere different, which led us to Las Iguanas.



Las Iguanas has a Latin American theme, offering Fajitas, Tapas, Salads, burgers and a whole lot more and the best part? They have a Veggie & Vegan Menu and quite an impressive one at that. None of this 'one token vegan dish', but many dishes that either are vegan, or can be altered to a suit a vegan diet.

We arrived a little early, so sat at the bar and tried one of the many cocktails on offer, first going for a Mango Collins and once being seated, we opted for the Caiprinha. Foodwise, I went for the Three Mushroom Fajita, which came out unassembled, with four small tortillas, three small bowls of Guacamole, Salsa and JalapeƱos and a hot sizzling tray of the Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers. Apparently it's just not enough Guac for me, because as a side I had 'Holy Guacamole' which was again a 'make your own', with Tomatoes, Onion, Coriander and Lime to add to the Avocado, served with dusted corn chips.

I was particularly hungry having not eaten for 6 or 7 hours, so I wolfed my meal down. Because of that I can't be sure just how much I loved it, but it was definitely tasty and I'd go back there for the Guacamole and corn chips alone. My SO didn't love it as much as I did, having gone for the The Full Enchilada and Sweet Potato Fries, he said the Enchilada was lacking a bit of spice, but still he gave it a 7/10, so not bad at all. I'd definitely go back to Las Iguanas, the food, cocktails, service and atmosphere were all great and all for a reasonable price.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

2 comments:

  1. the pictures of the food makes me heart eyes emoji. they remind me of mexican food. AND I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD. too bad we don't have a lot of mexican food chains in europe compared to america ugh see this is why summer needs to come sooner so i can eat mexican food for three months lol.

    great post!

    isha @ two sisters bloggin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Mexican food, so easy to recreate at home as well x

      Delete