Monday, 7 March 2016

Botanicals facial polish: Mandarin & chamomile Review



With Winter still in full force in the UK, particularity the wind, good skin care is a necessity for me.





If you haven't heard of Botanicals before, they are a natural and organic skincare brand set up in 2004. They focus on using natural ingredients in their products, rather than chemicals, so you know exactly what you're using.


I was recently contacted by Botanicals and asked if I'd like to review their Mandarin & Chamomile Facial Polish and as my skin was a bit lacklustre, I jumped at the chance to try it. With the facial polish being suitable for all skin types, but particularly combination and sensitive skin, it sounded perfect for me.

It is suggested that you use the product once a week, or whenever you feel your skin needs a boost, so I've got into the habit of using it every Sunday to give my skin a treat, ready for the week ahead. You simple apply the polish to your face in circular motions and wash it off with a warm damp cloth. Botanicals were also lovely enough to send me an organic cotton muslin cloth which does the job perfectly.

Containing Oatmeal, Virgin Coconut oils, Shea Butter, essentials oils and crushed Rosehip Kernel it not only sounds amazing, but smells it amazing as well. The ingredient I was most interested in was the Rosehip Kernel which are there to gently buff your skin, rather than those plastic micro beads seen in a lot of other products. It was what I liked most about the product when I read about it. Plastic micro beads are harmful to the environment and personally something I tend to avoid, so it is great to be using a product that delivers the same results, without the environment suffering.

Now on to my overall view of this product, I absolutely love it. It leaves my skin feeling softer than it ever has before and applying my make-up after using it was a dream. After my first use of it, I was so impressed I made my sister feel my face to appreciate how soft it was. (Is that weird? I'm not sure). 

The product is priced at £18.95 for 55g pot, which while it is more than I usually spend on skincare, it's worth it. As the product is concentrated, a little goes a long way and I know this pot will last me for a long time.


Disclaimer: I was sent this product to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this product. It makes my skin feel so soft. I even use it to remove my make up sometimes and kill 2 birds with one stone!

    Kayleigh
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought about removing my make-up with it!
      Glad you love it as much as me :) x

      Delete