Monday, 21 March 2016

Green People: Shower gel and Deodorant review



In a bid to use more natural products, I introduce you to Green People.




From its humble beginnings in 1994, when founder Charlotte Vohtz was on the search for natural products to help her daughters skin allergies, to 1997 when the company was founded, Green People has grown in size and success. Offering organic and natural products and never testing on animals, Green People is just the sort of brand I spend my money on.

As I said, I'm after more natural products. I have pretty sensitive skin myself and until recently never really thought about how the products I use affect my skin, however now I have a little bit more disposable income, I can afford to spend a little extra to look after myself as best I can.

Enough about me anyway, let's talk about the products. I'm going to go straight in with the deodorant, as it was the product I used first of the two and since doing so, it now lives in my handbag and is used daily. It's a roll on deodorant, something I haven't used in years, but as it turns out, I actually prefer it to spray deodorants. It feel gentle on my skin, no stinging after applying even when I've recently have a shave. With a ginger scent, it's a little different to the usual 'cotton fresh' scents of other products and I guess the smell of ginger isn't for everyone, but I personally really like it. However, probably the most important aspect of a deodorant is if it works. I work on average 8-10 hours shifts, in which I'm constantly on my feet and moving about and I have to say, I haven't noticed any sweat, (result!) so I'm going to give this product a big thumbs up.

On to the shower gel. Again, since using it once, I now use it on a daily basis. With the same ginger scent as the deodorant, it is quite an up-lifting scent, one that would wake up the senses on a cold winter/spring morning. It lathers up an absolute treat and something I've not noticed with other shower gels that I've tried in the past, but it leaves my skin feeling so soft afterwards. Having sensitive skins means I often get out of the shower and am running to find the moisturiser, however I don't need to do that after using this shower gel, which is amazing. Just a heads up, it's also suitable for those who may be prone to eczema and psoriasis, so if that's you, give this a try.

The deodorant is £9.50 and the shower gel is £14.95, so lets be honest, they are more expensive that your average drugstore brand. Saying that though, I do feel that they are a lot better in quality and I have clearly been able to feel the effects of better skincare. I'd say if you suffer from problem skin and/or are looking for more natural products, definitely give Green People a look. 


Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment