Monday, 14 March 2016

TOTM Time of the month review


Let's talk about that Time of the Month.


I'm going to estimate that 50% of people will probably experience periods at some point in their lives and some of that 50% will spend a huge amount on sanitary products. If you're like me, you probably just grab a pack of tampons/pads from one of the leading brands and that's that. Well, recently I've decided to up my game when it comes to my period, not only because I've read so much about standard sanitary products that isn't too great, but also because unfortunately for me I have a short cycle, meaning I spend one of every three weeks on my period. (Cry for me) Luckily I don't always suffer too badly, but considering I am on so often, using good quality and sanitary products is very important to me.

So when TOTM contacted me about reviewing some of their products, I jumped at the chance. TOTM offer pads, applicator and non-applicator tampons and panty liners, all of which are organic, natural and free from nasties. Mainstream brands can use bleach and perfumes on their products and to be honest, they're not things I want anywhere near my bits, thankfully TOTM's products are 100% free from pesticides, chemical fertilisers, rayon, viscose, chlorine and perfume.

TOTM sent me a pack of 10 Medium Applicator Tampons, 8 Day Pads, 14 Panty Liners and a lovely little bag to hold them that fits nicely in my handbag. I've used tampons for years, so without thinking, when Mother Nature granted me the opportunity, I tried them out. They worked just as well as other tampons I've used, but were obviously better because first of all the cardboard applicator is 100% biodegradable and I just felt safer knowing there wasn't any horrible chemicals all up inside me. I have heard of people saying that they actually suffered from less pain when using more natural tampons, personally I'm not sure about that, because some periods go by barely noticed, while others leave me curled up in a ball on my bed, so while my period using these were relatively pain free, I don't know if that was due to the tampons or nature.

Now, I'll be honest, I haven't used the pads. I never liked them and switched to tampons pretty quickly and also, I don't actually have any suitable underwear that would fit a pad. Saying that, I did have a look at them and they seem much less bulky than I remember pads being? So, I guess they would be more comfortable and less irritating. I will try them out at some point, but I just can't see me using them on a regular basis.

I don't use panty liners, but I did give them a go for a few days just to see what they were like and I have to say, when wearing one, I barely knew it was there. I actually think I might use them in future, as they're pretty handy if you don't want to be caught off-guard with your period and just for general cleanliness.

TOTM offer a great service in that you can choose your products and then choose your delivery date, so you're always prepared for your period. It will save that panic when you discover you're on, but haven't got any supplies or I know for some people, they're not totally comfortable buy tampons/pads from the shop, so getting them delivered is a great alternative. 

I think it's clear to see from the amount I've rambled that I'm pretty impressed with TOTM and would definitely recommend them. They're organic, natural products and it's obvious that they are passionate about good female health.



P.S.When I mentioned to a friend that I was sent sanitary products to review, I was asked if I'd feel comfortable posting about period related stuff. The simple answer to that is yes. Periods happen, people should talk about them and there is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

Disclaimer: I was sent this product to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment