Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Green People Sun Care Guide & Sun Lotion with Tan Accelerator Review


With the three day Summer we experienced not long ago, it got me thinking about looking after my skin in the sun. 







I have rather pale skin, (shout out to my Irish family) and along with that, my skin rarely sees the sun. Due to living in the UK, the sun is a bit of a stranger and having only ever had one proper holiday abroad, my skin just doesn't cope well when the sun does come out. To put it simply, I burn. I try and make sure I'm always wearing sun cream when I feel it's necessary, but I know that I don't put enough on or reapply it often enough to give my skin the full protection it needs. On my one and only proper holiday abroad, on the first day, my stomach got incredibly burnt and the rest of the holiday was a little bit painful as a result. I definitely learnt my lesson.

So Green People have put together this great fact sheet of their 10 top facts you need to know to keep yourself safe in the sun. It's full of the things you should keep in mind when/if the sun comes out in the UK, or you're off on holiday.

Click on the image and maximise it to see it in better quality.
They have also posted a few blog posts about sun care themselves, which are really interesting and informative.

The truth about UVA Protection
The truth about SPF50
The truth about waterproof sun lotions



Green People have a great range of Organic Sun Care products, including products specifically tailored to take care of children skin, after sun and your every day products containing SPF.


The were kind enough to send me a couple of products to try out, which I did, on the one sunny day we had this week. 






The first thing I noticed about the Sun Lotion was that it didn't have that typical sun lotion smell, something which is a bit much some times and not always too pleasant . It sunk into the skin really quickly with ease and didn't leave that greasy, sticky feeling many sun lotions do. I was so pleased when I got the Lip Balm, as my lips are in need of some TLC at the moment and I've struggled to find a lip balm that I really like. However, this one is scent free, not sticky, doesn't have much of a taste at all and of course, has the added bonus of SPF8.

Right, can someone take me on holiday now please?

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Green People. I actually reviewed this sun cream a while ago on my blog.
    Sadly factor 15 isn't quite high enough for my fair skin but I apply it on days where the UV rays aren't as strong.
    I love it's lavender smell too :)

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Green People. I actually reviewed this sun cream a while ago on my blog.
    Sadly factor 15 isn't quite high enough for my fair skin but I apply it on days where the UV rays aren't as strong.
    I love it's lavender smell too :)

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete