Tuesday, 3 May 2016

I'm feelin' 22


Last Wednesday I reached the grand old age of 22 and subsequently had 'I dunno about you, but I'm feeling 22' in my head for the whole day and the day afterwards. More importantly though, I had an amazing day celebrating my birthday.









Around midday, after opening up some presents, my other half and I headed into town a.k.a Birmingham City Centre. Our first stop was 3 Threes, a little coffee shop that's recently opened. (I will be doing a full review of it in the near future.) Having not eaten, I was pretty hungry, so we had a coffee and lunch there and also picked up a couple of cakes to have later on in the day.

After a quick look in a few shops in Grand Central Station, as we've been meaning to go for a while, we visited the Birmingham Gallery/Museum. It has Ancient Egyptian artefacts/old artwork, the usual stuff you'd expect, but personally I was there for the whole 'history of Birmingham' thing. Starting at its humble beginnings as a little village with a population of 50 to Birmingham today as England's second city, it was really interesting and if you're in the city, I'd definitely pay the Gallery a visit, it's free as well!

We had a wander around town and ended up in the grounds of St. Phillips Cathedral, or as it's more commonly known, Pigeon Park. The weather was being good to us, so we sat on the grass and ate our Brownie and Rocky Road, before heading over to The Lost & Found Bar/Restaurant. I'll be honest, after having look at the menu, none of the cocktails were really floating my boat, but the bartender was more than happy to alter one for me and swap the Vodka for Rum. We sat, sipping our cocktails admiring the décor of the place and chatting.

Somehow, after our cocktails, we ended up back in Grand Central Station. I have to say, it feels a bit odd being in a train station when I haven't got a train to catch, but there are loads of shops there and places to eat so we had another browse around. Being vegan, I pretty much always look up where to eat before I  go out, but I hadn't done, so I was pretty chuffed when we found 'Pho' a Vietnamese restaurant, the menu had Tofu and Mushroom on, so I was sold pretty much straight away.

I ordered the Vermicelli Rich noodles with Tofu & Mushroom, while my OH had the vegetable curry. Now, I just need to point something out. My OH obviously got spoon with his meal, however I was not given nor offered any cutlery, which meant one of two things. I'd either have to ask for some, or use chopsticks that I have zero experience of using. So I had a think and decided it was only right that as I'm getting older, I should have more skills, so I did it. I used chopsticks. Not very well I'm sure, but I did it anyway. Gold star for effort. The meal itself was really good and we have already decided we'll be making another visit there soon enough.

Later in the evening we went back to mine and my Nan, Aunt, Sister and Nephew popped over and we had tea and some of the cake that my sister had made for me. I also received some great news that evening. I'm not sure if by the time this blog post goes live, I'll have shared said news, but we shall see.

So, that was my birthday. Can't complain too much can I? I honestly had such a lovely day and got some gorgeous presents which I'm incredibly grateful for. I'll do another little post sharing what I got, so keep your eyes peeled for that.


Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

4 comments:

  1. Hello! First of all, I wish to say happy (late) birthday! Secondly, I am totally wanting one of those brownies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks and yeah, the brownie was spot on!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a relaxed Birthday and those noodles looked gorgeous!

    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete