Friday, 27 May 2016

Life Lately #2




























I opened up this page with no clear idea of what I was going to write, I just thought I'd go for it and see what comes out. I find it incredibly therapeutic to write things out, especially when something is bothering me. Not that there is at the moment, but I don't know, I just like writing.



I suppose this kind of takes me smoothly into talking about my new job. When this post goes live, if it doesn't end up being a load of rubbish anyway, I'll have been at my new job for two weeks. Not a crazy amount of time at all, but I guess enough for me to get a proper feel for the place. My first two weeks have been great to be honest. I've somehow managed to get into the habit of getting up at 6:15 every morning really easily. I mean, I do end up going to bed at around 10 every night, but if I stayed up any later I'd probably just be browsing pointless websites or watching crappy TV. At least by going to bed at 10 I'm getting my full 8 hours, even if it does mean I'm a bit of a grandma these days. I even got up early both days last weekend. The journey to work is pretty sound as well. It's a bus and a train ride away, but neither are that bad. 

So yeah, back to the job itself. My role is 'Online Content and Social Media Executive', the executive part makes it sound rather fancy in my opinion, but yeah I basically just write online articles. It's pretty great considering that is kind of what I've been doing as a hobby for the past however many years and now I'm getting paid to do something pretty similar. 

Working Mon-Fri is something I've been after for ages now and I'm really happy I'm doing it, but my only problem with it is that pretty much all of my friends work shift work, therefore are always working the weekend. It wasn't easy when I did shift work either, rotas would never make it easy to see friends. (edit: I originally wrote another few sentences on this subject, but decided later on that some things are best left unsaid.)




























Swiftly moving on. I've been looking at houses online recently, not like I'm going to be able to buy one. I'm obviously in no position to be getting a mortgage any time soon, but it's always nice to look at houses that cost over £3,000,000.

I've also decided I need to get a few things booked, like weekends away and a proper holiday abroad. I'm thinking Berlin, London and Greece? So with holidays in mind, I've been trying to fit a little bit of exercise into my day. I've been doing the 30 squat challenge for the past two weeks, so I'll be interested to see if that makes much of a different.

I'm not sure if this post will be of any interest to anyone. but I personally like reading more chatty posts. Let me know what you think maybe? 


Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job and I'm really pleased to hear its going well! xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete