Monday, 27 June 2016

A Trip To Manchester



I took a little trip to Manchester at the weekend, so I thought I'd share a few photos and words about the day.







With my SO working most weekends, it's difficult to actually get away and do something, unless it has been booked off way in advance. Last Monday however, we decided to go to a different city for a day the next weekend as it was supposed to be his weekend off. Well, he ended up having to work 5am-8am on Saturday morning but even so, we hopped on a train at 8:30 and were in Manchester by 10.

Having not eaten, we headed straight to Go Falafel, which is just a five minute walk from the Manchester Picadilly - I highly recommend it if you're ever in Manc and need something quick to eat. After a little walk around we went to the Museum of Science and Industry, which if I'm completely honest was pretty rubbish and both my SO and I were very happy we hadn't had to pay to get in. The weather was on and off all day, switching between sun and showers, so we took cover in the Arndale and we ended up doing a bit of shopping. 

The main reason I wanted to visit Manc was to go to V Revolution as I've seen so many people raving about how great it is. The decor there was simple but cute with a 50's diner feel to it. The food prices shocked me actually, everything on the menu was priced between £1-£6, I expected it to be more than that for whatever reason, I was pretty chuffed. I got the Hiesenberger, my SO got the Barbecuban Missle Crisis and we got a side of nachos to share. It was really good and definitely worth a visit. 

On the way back we stopped off at a vintage clothes sale and we both ended up coming out with a shirt each. We sat in the last of the sun listening to a couple of young lads playing reggae music, before heading to the pub to watch the football and kill the three hours before our train home. 

We were absolutely shattered by the time we got home as we had done so much walking, a nine hour sleep and an hour nap later and I'm still tired. Even so, it was really nice to visit another city and spend the day with my SO.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

3 comments:

  1. aww this looks like such a nice day out! Ive never been to Manchester but this post has made me really want to go! Looks like you had lovely weather to go as well :) xx

    http://ellacatherine1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of books.. I freaking love books. :) Also, photography on point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip to Manchester sounded pretty awesome. The 50’s diner looks really cool. It’s nice to travel to a different city for a day to experience what they have to offer. It’s a shame the Museum of Science and Industry wasn’t up to much, but I suppose you have to try things at least once. I love the idea of shopping for vintage clothes too. Fabulous photos! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete