Friday, 29 July 2016

Vegan Oral Hygiene Routine

I have a dentist appointment coming up soon, so it kind of inspired me to write a post about oral hygiene routine and particularly, the products I use, as I've seen a few people online unsure of where to find vegan/cruelty-free products.



Having had braces for over two years between the ages of 18-20, I've definitely become more conscious of how well I look after my teeth. When you have braces, you're constantly having to brush your teeth and that sort of just continues on even when you're no longer a brace face.

I brush my teeth morning and night using Superdrug's Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste and swill my mouth out with Superdrug's Extra Strength Mouthwash. I tend to switch between using a manual and electric toothbrush - because I often forget to charge my electric one - but I've been using my electric toothbrush more often recently and it's just so much better than a manual toothbrush.

Every now and again, I will use Dentek easy brush cleaners to give my teeth a more thorough clean before I put my retainer in. I used them all the time when I had braces are they're perfect for getting between all those wires.

I haven't had braces for two years now and I do have permanent brace (a thin wire glued to my front teeth), however I still try to wear my plastic retainer every night to give me some extra protection against my teeth moving out of place.

I'm in no way an expert in oral hygiene and I don't doubt that when I visit the dentist, I'll be told I can improve it, but I do try. I have a terrible fear of losing my teeth, so I intend on trying my hardest to look after that and basically make them last as long as possible.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter   

2 comments:

  1. Finding a dentist is something people dread but it is essential. Factors such as such as attitude, education, work ethics and location must be considered.
    see more details:chelsea Braces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having braces certainly makes you take much better care of your teeth. I was doing what I thought was a great job until the dentist recommended I buy a mouthwash specifically made by Colgate for braces. It gets all those little particle up and out so that when I brush my teeth, everything is left as clean as it can be.

    ReplyDelete