Monday, 1 August 2016

Top Five Vegan Sweets And Treats

Every now and again (or quite often actually) people ask me how I 'live without chocolate', the answer is, I don't.






Vegan chocolate and snacks are more readily available than people think they are. Being realistic, your standard newsagent isn't going to have the best selection, but with health food and vegan food stores popping up all over the place, there is absolutely no need to go without and trust me, you don't want to. Not that I really needed an excuse to go out and buy some snacks, but I thought I would and I'd write up a blog post about my favourite sweet and treats.

First off is the Eat Real Chips. I like all the different flavours from their range, but the creamy dill hummus chips are probably my favourite. You can get them from Holland & Barrett and other health food stores, but I have also seen them popping up in Tesco stores recently. It cost me 85p for a 45g bag.


Pana Chocolate - Mint is absolutely divine and whilst it is a bit pricey for a chocolate bar, it's raw, organic and handmade so you can't kind of understand why. At £3.40 a bar, it's not something I'd pick up on a regular basis, but it's a great treat every now and again.


If you haven't heard of Vego bars, where have you been? There are quite possible the best vegan chocolate around. The mix of hazelnut and chocolate means it tastes similar to Nutella/Ferrero Rocher. It was £2.20 for a mini bar, which is 65g.


The Vivani White Nougat Crisp cost £1.12 so definitely more of an affordable chocolate bar that you wouldn't feel bad about purchasing once or twice a week. It reminds me of a Kinder Bueno, but its just that bit better.


Finally is the Lyme Regis Organic dark chocolate covered marzipan bar. I got this for 95p which is a great price and it's absolutely delicious.


I bought my little haul from Natural Healthy Foods based in Digbeth, Birmingham, but I'm sure you could find all of this in your local health food store or online.


Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

2 comments:

  1. Haha the "how do you live without chocolate" question... it's a classic :) I have also had someone try and "catch me out" because I was eating chocolate (vegan, of course) and then they were claiming that I obviously wasn't a vegan because I was eating chocolate... Sigh.

    My favourite vegan chocolate is Moo Free, they have a honeycomb one that tastes just like a crunchie. Oh it's divine. So is the mint one too. They even do a advent calendar for the holidays and easter eggs (which I missed out on getting this year).

    I must admit, I don't crave chocolate and sweets since becoming vegan. My favourite vegan snack is dates stuffed with peanut butter, it tastes just like caramel and it's so sweet and moorish that it's perfect for times when I fancy a snack like that.

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the honeycomb moo free chocolate and I was lucky enough to win a moofree easter egg this year.

      I'm don't have massive cravings for chocolate and sweets like I used too either, dates are sweet enough! x

      Delete