Monday, 5 September 2016

What I Eat For Breakfast


I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast throughout the week, but recently I've mixed it up a little



I rarely used to eat breakfast, I couldn't even think about eating before midday, but over the last year or two, breakfast has become a meal I can't go without. I tend to eat it while at work, so about a few hours after I wake up. I take the dry ingredients with me in a plastic bag/box and just add the milk when I want to eat it. 

Always starting with the same base of oats and cinnamon, I tend to mix up everything else I add to it - sometimes I'll add just a banana, other times I go all out and add a bunch of different things.

For the past few weeks I've been adding a sprinkle of Linwoods flax, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds & goji berries, more mixed seeds and dried fruits. However not long ago, Bonpom got in touch with me and asked if I wanted to try anything from their website, straight away I knew I wanted to try some cacao nibs.

When I first received them, I tried a small handful and to be 100% honest, I didn't think they were very nice, but I decided to give them other shot and had them in my breakfast they next morning. I was completely surprised by how different the taste was. They didn't have such a strong, bitter taste when mixed with fruits and they actually just gave a really nice, subtle chocolate taste and added a bit of crunch to the meal .

It definitely shows that you should give foods/drinks more than one chance to really be able to decide if you like them or not. Cacao nibs have been part of my breakfast everyday since and I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to make their breakfast a bit more indulgent tasting (chocolate for breakfast, what more could you want?) I'm also curious as to how these would work in baking, so I may have to make some cookies very soon. 


Disclaimer: I was sent this product to review, nonetheless my opinions remain 100% honest  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't yet tried cacao nibs but I've been itching to try them for a while now. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day so perhaps I should give these a try soon. I also love the set up of your photos!

    ReplyDelete