Thursday, 15 December 2016

A Trip To Ubud, Bali



A lot of pictures and a few words about my trip to Bali in November.











The longest I'd ever travelled on a plane for was the few hours it takes to get to Barcelona. so a thirteen hour flight to Kuala Lumpur and then a three hour flight to Denpasar was slightly concerning, especially considering I'm not a great flyer. Nevertheless, I survived it and got to spend two lovely weeks in Ubud, Bali with four of my friends.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about what we did because I'd end up writing something similar to an essay, so I'm just going to briefly go over it.

We visited Istana Tampaksiring, Tegenungan Waterfall (where I ended up nearly breaking my toe) and Potato Head Beach Club. We took trips to Canggu and Uluwatu, went to Jungle Fish beach club and climbed Mount Batur - an active volcano. We ate out for almost every meal at some incredible places (I'll do a separate blog post about soon), listened to live music at Laughing Buddha Bar and saw salsa dancing at Cafe Havana. We had a night out at CP Lounge, rode on scooters and haggled at the local markets. We battled with Monkeys, Grasshoppers and Geckos that were bigger than we had ever imagined. We saw the rice fields, a traditional Balinese home and the girls had a go at surfing (I couldn't because of the previous injury from the waterfall). Overall, we had an incredible two weeks and my photographs just don't do the it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment