Monday, 13 March 2017

My Top 5 Vegan Snack Bars





























Looking for snacks on the go?


I promise this isn't a sponsored post, I just really like this brand.

Nakd bars were probably the first fruit and nut bars that I started eating when I went vegan and I've pretty much stayed loyal to them since. Both TREK and Nakd bars are available in almost every supermarket and health food store and they have a huge range of flavours to choose from. I've tried every flavour of Nakd bars apart from the new Lemon Drizzle one - which I am in the process of hunting down. They're a really good quick and easy snack and they're gluten, wheat and dairy free so suit a whole host of different dietary requirements.

TREK bars are also  gluten, wheat and dairy free and full of protein. I personally don't eat them to get that protein 'vegans are oh so deficient in', I eat them because they taste nice and they're filling. Usually I just pick one up when I haven't had chance to have breakfast as they keep my going until lunch. If you are looking for a high protein snack, TREK bars have about 10g in each bar, so I guess it they would be a good after-gym snack. (I don't bother with the gym so don't hold me to that).

Of the two types of bars, these are my preferred flavours. The Bakewell Tart surprisingly enough tastes just like a Bakewell Tart, which is one of my favourite cakes and the Cashew Cookie is great for when I don't fancy anything too 'fruity'. The Original Oat Flapjack is dreamy and the Cocoa Coconut is a great replacement for a Bounty bar and much healthier. Finally is the Peanut Power bar which I don't think I have to say too much about because well, it's peanut butter in a bar basically.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

4 comments:

  1. (Un-popular opinion coming your way) I much prefer Trek bars to Nakd, I think it's something to do with the texture, Nakd bars sometimes feel abit 'greasy' to the touch and that puts me off a bit I think. I like Trek bars because they're abit more solid and flavoursome, but alas they have to be the more expensive ones!

    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually agree that nakd bars can be a bit greasy, so I can see why people could be put off by them. I do prefer trek bars personally but nakd have such a good range of flavours! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love Nakd Bakewell bars, definitely my preferred flavour. Plus, after being introduced to Trek, 'Original Oat' by your good self, it's my absolute favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome! It's delicious isn't it! x

      Delete