Monday, 9 October 2017

"Chicken" and Chickpea Curry Recipe


Curry is probably the meal I cook the most, other than pasta, and I thought I'd try making one using the new(ish) Quorn Vegan Pieces.


I don't tend to measure ingredients out when I'm making a curry, I just add things as I go along and keep doing so until it tastes how I want it.

Ingredients: 
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of chickpeas
Handful of Quorn Vegan Pieces
5 or 6 Broccoli Florets
Handful of spinach
Turmeric, Garam Masala, Cumin, Cayenne Chilli Pepper, Coriander, Garlic Power, Onion Power, Salt and Pepper

Method:
-While the broccoli is boiling in a pan, add the chopped tomatoes to a frying pan and stir in the garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained chickpeas and a generous amount of all of the other spices listed above.
- Once the broccoli has softened, add that and the vegan Quorn pieces into the mix and stir.
- Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes to allow the Quorn to cook through and the curry to reduce slightly - and add more of the spices if necessary.
- A few minutes before serving, throw in the spinach and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter   

3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely lovely! I love a good chickpea curry and this look amazing xx

    Itsallzara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm no cook, but I'm quite proud of this! x

      Delete
  2. Very nice..
    http://imran-khalid.com

    ReplyDelete