Friday, 23 October 2015

Food Friday #8

Food Friday #8 includes a classic, peanut butter on toast, which I'm currently loving at the moment.



I love peanut butter in things, cakes, milkshakes, chocolate, etc. but I'm not always too keen on it otherwise, I tend to go through periods of loving it and then disliking it. At the moment, as you can probably tell, I'm a fan and decided to have some on toast for breakfast this week. It's a great meal to keep you full and is a good source of healthy fats, fibre and protein.


This was my lunch at work this week. as my other lunches haven't been anything interesting. The Falafel & Houmous wrap from Tesco is a very handy vegan option for when you're out and about and need to pick up something quickly. Along with the wrap I tried the Tesco Pineapple, Banana and Mango smoothie and had a Nakd bar, because they're delicious.


I realise this isn't the best looking dish, but you always can't judge a book by its cover. I had an Ainsley Harriot Lentil Dahl mix in my cupboard that had been sat there for ages, so I decided to finally use it. Lacking any rice to accompany it, I made up some couscous instead, adding Paprika, Tumeric, Garlic granules, Black Pepper, Spring Onions and Spinach. It took about 15 minutes to make overall. The Dahl wasn't amazing, but compared to freshly made Dahl, a packet mix was never going to compare, but it was still pretty tasty and perfect for a quick and easy dish.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter 

2 comments:

  1. I love these posts, they always give me meal ideas! I am loving cashew butter at the moment, I find it nicer than peanut butter for some reason! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove both the tesco falafel wrap and the bakewell tart nakd bar! I can't find the nakd bar anywhere though, do you know if they do it anywhere else than tesco? xx

    ReplyDelete