Monday, 2 January 2017

2017 New Year's Resolutions






















Introducing the first picture I've uploaded onto my blog of myself for a very long time and my new years resolutions.



The last year of my life has certainly been interesting. I visited Amsterdam, Ireland and Bali, left my bar job and got a job in the industry I actually want a career in, saw my favourite band live for the third time and on a more sour note, my two year relationship ended. Generally right now, I'm feeling a lot happier with my life, although that could just be the whole Christmas and New Year bubble, so we'll see how it goes. My plan for this year is relatively simple, to enjoy myself, take opportunities when I can and have fun. 

I always set myself goals at the start of the year, as many people do, and I look over them throughout the year to see how I'm getting on and for a push if needed.

Save money
I won't disclose how much exactly, but I have a figure in my head that I'm going to be aiming for. I did the same last year and I managed to make it to my goal within six months, so fingers crossed.

Travel
While saving money and travelling don't exactly go hand in hand as sadly, flights don't come for free, I know if I budget well enough I can save and travel. I currently have a weekend in Dublin and a weekend in Naples booked which I am so excited for and a few other ideas are being thrown around - mainly Berlin for my birthday. I haven't travelled nearly as much as I would have liked to, but after visiting Bali last November, I've definitely got the travel bug. 

Learn to drive
I'l be 23 this year, so it's about time I got my act together and learnt to drive. I don't actually plan on getting a car next year though - I have no real need for one - I just want the pink license there waiting for when I do decide to get a car.

Do More
It sounds really generic, but it's meant to be. I want to read more, photograph more, see my friends more often, go to more gigs and on road trips, just do more and have more fun.

Incorporate More Exercise Into My Routine

I'm all about routine on weekdays, so I should be able to do this quite nicely. I walk pretty much everywhere as it is, but I'd like to add in a little home-workout into my evenings after work and to make sure I walk the dog every night as well. 


What are your new year's resolutions? 

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I also need to incorporate more exercise into my life and want to carry on learning piano as I gave up a few years ago. Love your blog and you look great xxx

    ReplyDelete