Friday, 31 March 2017

Food Friday #14

Pancakes, pasta and peanut butter - what else could one want? Not all in one meal though obviously.


This was my day after pancake day brunch. I missed out of having pancakes on the actual day due to travelling so I thought I'd make up for it the following day. I just followed a simple recipe I found online and topped the pancakes with peanut butter, cacao nibs and agave syrup. I only ate about a quarter of this though because I just can't hack such big portions.





























I'm aware it doesn't look appealing at all but this was a 'I'm a bit hungover and need all the carbs' sort of meal. It's a Quorn vegan fillet, broccoli, spinach and pasta in a cheesy sauce - and nutritional yeast on top. I don't know if that's a bit of a weird combination but it turns out that it was just what I needed. I used the Free & Easy Cheese Sauce Mix as it's something I always have in the cupboard for when the craving for cheesy pasta strikes - which is more often than I care to admit.

Whilst my family sat down for a Sunday roast, I decided I wanted something a little lighter. I made up a salad consisting of spinach, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and gherkin and then some couscous mixed with chickpeas and spices, cooked some falafel - maybe a for a little longer than I should have - and as if that wasn't enough chickpea based food, I had some hummus as well. Quick, easy yet filling.


Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment