Monday, 10 July 2017

New Year's Resolutions Sixth Month Update



As we're now over half way through the year, I thought I'd do a little update on where I am with my goals for 2017

Save Money
I've always had it drilled into me to save money as well as I spend it, so I'm pretty strict on myself when it comes to putting money away every month. As a result of this, I'm on target with my saving situation. However, after a discussion with my sister where she told me I need to chill out a bit, I've decided to not save as much over the summer and put the money towards going on holiday instead.

Travel
That brings me swiftly onto travel. So far this year I've visited Naples twice, Dublin, Stafford, Cheshire and Manchester. which isn't bad within six months. I have a long weekend in Galway/Mayo coming up in a few weeks, a bitter sweet trip to Amsterdam during which I'm helping my sister move into her uni accommodation over there and then a Christmas-time trip to Frankfurt with one of my best friends. I'm still hoping to squeeze in a couple more trips in here and there, whether that be in the UK or further afield.

Learn To Drive
I finally started my driving lessons this year and I've been told by my instructor that I'm doing pretty well with it - I just have to work on sticking to the speed limit. My plan is to have a license by the end of the year and I see no reason why I won't be able to manage this providing I actually get around to doing my theory test.

Do More
When I said 'do more', I mainly meant socially and I can safely say my social life has improved a lot this past six months. I've been to a handful of gigs, on numerous nights out, I go to the pub more often than I probably should and I'm just generally seeing my friends a lot more. I'm also really getting into blogging again. I know I'm only posting once a week, but currently that's all I can manage around work and my social life. Also, I decided to start learning German at the start of the year and it's something I've actually kept up with. I'm not fluent, not even close, but I'm improving every day.

Incorporate More Exercise Into My Routine
I knew this one would be the one I wouldn't be great with. I do walk a lot, at least an hour a day, if not more and if I'm in the mood I might do a workout at home. I know I need to join the gym but when there isn't one in close proximity to my house, it's not 100% appealing considering I would have to get the bus there and back (probably another reason why I need to pass my driving test and get a car).

How have you been getting on with your new year's resolutions?

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter  

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're doing really well with all your goals, congrats! Good luck with all your plans for the rest of the year! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete